Our mobile phones use Lithium-ion batteries which usually take 1-2 hours for charging. The same battery can be charged in 12-24 minutes by using the Graphene batteries.
Let’s first understand what graphene is?
Graphene is made of the graphite which itself is a crystallized form of carbon. It is found in pencils and is a Single-atom thick structure of carbon atoms which are arranged in a hexagonal lattice. Let’s understand its properties:
- It is million times thinner than hair.
- It is 200 times stronger than steel.
- It is 6 times lighter than steel.
- Can stretch up to a quarter of its length.
- Can conduct electric current faster than any other known substance.